Sunday, April 3, 2011

Two Years!

April 1st marked two years since we landed in Brazil. It has flown by, and it's hard to believe that it's really been two whole years.  We've learned to adapt to a new culture, new food, new places, new people, a new way of life, and the kids and I have learned a new language. It has been quite an adventuresome two years for sure. It has also been the most difficult years of my life. Not just because we are living in a foreign country, or just because we are missionaries, but those things along with other circumstances in my life have made it very challenging.

However, the Lord has been faithful to us. He has helped us, and He has been with us, just like He promised!  We have learned some important lessons, and we are still learning. Our faith has been stretched and enlarged. I pray that we will stay faithful to the Lord, and be used to reach lost souls for Him.

~ II Thessalonians 5:24-25 ~
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
Brethren, pray for us.

3 comments:

  1. Wow...I can't believe it's already been two years either! You are veteran missionaries!! I love you and am praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe that!
    You and your family are an encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda,
    So happy for you all! You've passed a huge milestone! Praying that day-to-day life gets a little easier every day! Praying, too, for the tough times! God is so good!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete