We were blessed to have the opportunity to go the BIMI Field Conference last week. We are not BIMI missionaries, but Jeremy was asked to teach a session on using media and the internet in your ministry. He did a great job, and we were able to spend the week at a camp with several other missionary families. It was such a blessing! Each morning there were teaching sessions, and in the evening we had preaching services. It was very encouraging. I didn't even realize how much I miss participating in a service in English! There's just nothing like singing and hearing preaching in your own language! We have listened to preaching CDs and listened to services online, but being a part of it was just different, and it was refreshing.
The kids also had a blast. The camp is located basically away from everything, so we were able to just let them run and play. And boy did they ever! They were sunburned and covered in dirt everyday, but they loved it! Judson told me that he wanted "grass and dirt going down" (a hill) at his house. I'm glad they had the chance to spend some time in the great outdoors.
We enjoyed catching up with some old friends and also meeting new ones. We were encouraged to keep on, and challenged to do more!
Praise the Lord! I got encouraged reading this. I needed it. I don't know what I'd do without faithful Christian friends to brighten the way of life, because, well, life is hard! lol Take care, my friend. (((Hugs)))
ReplyDelete