We are thankful for another good trip without incident! We had a great time in Florida and enjoyed our time there. I wish I would have remembered to take some pictures while we were there. I tend to get busy and don't think about the camera.
We were at Gainesville Baptist Church where Brad Noble is the pastor. Brad and his wife Lena went to college with Jeremy and me, and Lena and I worked together in the college office for two years. It was great to see them again and get caught up. They have three children so our kids had a great time playing with them. Their oldest, Jacob, is Jonathan's age, and they instantly bonded with a mutual love for Thomas the Tank Engine. They also have two sweet little girls.
On our trip down, we had an interesting thing happen. We made a stop at a rest area in Georgia. We don't normally stop at rest areas, but Jonathan couldn't wait and it was the first available place to stop. I was in the restroom with him and I ran into a missionary lady that we had met in North Carolina back in March! It was really strange to meet someone you know at a rest area! I guess that's what happens when you spend so much time on the interstate! I'm sure the Lord brought her across our path for a reason. Something similar happened another time last year. We were driving on the interstate and passed a car that we recognized as a missionary family we had been in a conference with previously. We honked and waved and rolled down the windows to shout hello! I guess if we start recognizing truck drivers or construction workers, it is time to get off the road!
How neat! The Lord is so good to allow us to see folks unexpectedly. What a nice surprise!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a safe trip.