Tuesday, September 6, 2011

We Made It!

We have safely arrived in the USA! We are so thankful to the Lord for giving us a great flight. Jeremy and I both remarked that it was one of the smoothest flights we had been on. The boys loved flying, and they all got some sleep on the plane. We left Sao Paulo on Monday night, and arrived in Detroit shortly after 8am on Tuesday. We had a four hour layover there, before catching our flight to St. Louis. About the time we arrived at our boarding gate for this second flight, they informed us that it had been cancelled. But, praise the Lord, we were put on another flight and still arrived at the same time at our final destination...Grandma and Grandpa!




The boys were so excited to see their grandparents after two and a half years apart. Modern technology helps us feel closer to them, but there is nothing that can replace a genuine hug. They are enjoying the wide open spaces here. They have resumed their routine of Grandma reading to them every night before bed, and waking up early to go out and help Grandpa feed the chickens.



We are re-adjusting to life here. Everything looks so big and spread out to us! The quiet, slow pace here in hometown is refreshing to say the least.

I have taken a few shopping trips already. My mom and I hit the thrift stores, and we found one that was selling off their summer inventory for...ready for it...5 items for $1!! Yes, you read that right! I was so excited. We left we a garbage bag full of clothes and paid $12. I am trying to shop ahead for a few years, and we will be in warm weather all the time when we return to Brazil, so I know the Lord gave us this blessing.

We have also been enjoying Mt. Dew, Pringles, bagels, Cracker Barrel, Dr. Pepper, biscuits and gravy, cranberry juice, and various other treats that we have missed over the last two years. Just have to be careful to not overdo it! 

More updates to come as time allows! We will be traveling to California later this week. Thank you for praying for us!

3 comments:

  1. OH, Amanda, I can't imagine how much your mom and dad must be enjoying the boys and just getting to sit down and have a face to face conversation with you. It looks like the boys are adapting very well. And the thrift store deals!! FUN and AMAZING!! God sent you at the right time to pick up deals on summer clothes. I love the boys Brasil colored back packs!
    Can't wait to read all about your trip to CA! Have fun and give U. Larry and A. Rita a big hug from us! Don't forget to let us know when you will be around this area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Glad that you made it "home":) Hope you have a wonderful visit with family and friends! Doesn't it just make you want to cry, and take pictures of everything:) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you all! I loved the photos, especially the panoramic one. Praying for you all! :)

    ReplyDelete