The hardest part of living out of the country is missing your family. People often ask what I miss about the US. Sure, I miss Mtn. Dew, Arby’s, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and Skittles, but those are all things that you learn to live without. We even have a few things in Brazil that we miss when we are in the States. You can learn to live without a lot of
things, or replace them with something similar, but there is no replacement for an embrace or face-to-face conversation.
While we were away these last 2 ½ years, I gained another beautiful niece. She is 20 months old, and I met her for the first time when we arrived. It’s difficult when your own family doesn’t know you, but fortunately kids warm up quickly to those around them, and we are going to try to have a lot of bonding time while we are nearby.
Becca
You are so right!
ReplyDeleteShe is a cutie!
She is so adorable!! Enjoy your time with you family!
ReplyDelete