Monday, May 26, 2014

It's...Cold?!?

We are so used to it being hot here in Rondônia, that we really don't pay much attention to weather reports. So we were taken by surprise when a cold wind started blowing on Friday evening.

I had spent the day cleaning the house, and it was very warm. We decided to take a little swim late in the afternoon, and the water was so refreshing. Shortly after we came inside, the wind started blowing, and it was a cold wind! It was getting cooler and cooler. It felt like a fall evening in the States, and I immediately got the urge to roast marshmallows over a fire.

Saturday was spent in socks and sweatshirts, and we enjoyed a break from the heat. Sunday afternoon was cool, and we took the boys to ride bikes in the park to take advantage of the temperatures.

Today is already feeling a little warmer, and it will probably be back to normal by later today or tomorrow, but we sure did enjoy the treat!

The secret to getting him to rest...cool air and a blanket!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't realize your weather was always so warm. I sleep better in cool air, too (with a blanket, of course, Ha!).

    ReplyDelete