On Friday our family participated in a music recital that included our boys playing their instruments, as well as two fellow missionaries' daughters playing the piano. Judson isn't playing an instrument yet, so he and his friend recited a poem instead.
The participants
We were going to just have it at our co-workers' house, but then found out that we could use the municipal theater at no charge, so we decided to use that location. There was quite an echo in the building, but it allowed us to invite many more people. There were around 35 people there, including our families and some friends who came to watch.
It's always a little nerve-wracking to play in front of people, but I thought the boys did great. Josiah just had one spot in his second song where he got distracted by some people coming in late, and lost his place for a few seconds.
Jeremy arranged this selection for our family to play together. It's a bit of an odd group of instruments, but it was fun to all play together.
Judson and Gabriel worked hard learning this poem so they could participate, too. They did a great job!
"Point of View"
I am little, they tell me
and I get very frustrated
I have to look at everyone
With my chin raised up
But if an ant could talk
and would see me from the ground
He would certainly say,
What a huge boy!
We were very proud of the boys for the all their hard work and practice. Thanks for watching!
I just loved each one so much! Hearing you play the flute took me all the way back to our summer camp days and the instrument competition. :) It was beautiful! With your translation, and the boys' expression, I could follow the poem perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us. Hope you all have a great day!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Glad you enjoyed it!
DeleteWow! That was great. It is such a blessing to see and hear this beautiful recital. Thank you for sharing it, and thank you for being such faithful Christian servants.
ReplyDeleteCarolyn Courtney
It is great to hear from you, Mrs. Courtney! I hope that you are doing well, and I appreciate you keeping up with us!
ReplyDeletePower of the flutes unite!! (I don't even think I have a flute here anymore lol) LOVED it! Tell the boys Aunt Meredith would have been cheering in the crowd so loud they would have been embarrassed!! :) Love you & miss you!!
ReplyDelete