Bolivia
Since we were right on the border of Bolivia, we wanted to cross over and look around. Jeremy has been there before, but the kids and I hadn't, so we thought it would be a good opportunity to add another country to our "Been There" list.
People from this area do a lot of shopping in Bolivia because the prices are usually much better. We walked for several blocks looking in different stores and some open markets. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, but we picked up a few things to put away "for a rainy day." The boys were less than impressed with the stores and shopping, so I didn't prolong their agony by spending a lot of time looking around.
Most people here on the border speak both Spanish and Portuguese, and the prices are listed in Bolivian currency, Brazilian currency, and dollars.
I am realizing now that we didn't take pictures while shopping, but we took some of the bridge into Bolivia and us on the border.
This is the sign leaving Brazil and entering Bolivia. I think they could use an English translator!
What you see in the background here is Bolivia.
No comments:
Post a Comment