Our internet service is sketchy, so I am having more difficulty keeping up with communication, but I want so badly to show this part of the world. Bear with me and I will try to keep things posted as I can.
Here is our temporary home. It is small, but we have kept out the essential items and stored away what we can do without for now.
Itapuã has only a few paved roads. So in this rainy season, it makes for quite a messy situation at times. I have washed more shoes since arriving here than in my whole life! The standard footwear is flip flops, because they are cooler, cheaper, and easy to wash up. It is customary to take your shoes off at the door of your house, or anyone's house, so you don't drag all the dirt, mud, and sand into the house with you. So now we have developed a system of inside flip flops, and outside flip flops.
I hope to keep posting about different aspects of learning to live here as I can. We appreciate those who are praying for us. We are especially in need of wisdom and the Lord's direction in the decision of where we will plant ourselves more permanently to begin a ministry.
I love the photos! We are praying for you!
ReplyDelete