Saturday, October 25, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Shannon tagged me, so here are seven random things about me!

1. My middle name is Noel, but not because I was born near Christmas (I was born in July). My dad’s middle name is Leon. Noel is Leon backwards!

2. I am notorious as a vicious hide and seek player. (There are two stories that go with this.)

My grandpa lived in an apartment above my dad’s store. When my mom went to work with my dad, I would go upstairs and stay with Grandpa. I was probably about three years old at the time, we would play hide and seek. I always giggled and easily gave myself away. One day, however I remained very quiet and still and my Grandpa couldn’t find me anywhere. He called and called, but I didn’t give up! He began to panic and went downstairs to get my parents. They finally found me, and Grandpa was not too happy with me. I don’t think we played that game anymore!

When I was a little older I was playing outside at our house with my brother and two of my cousins (who were all about 4 years older than me). It was my turn to “seek” so the boys all went and hid. I then decided I would go inside and have a piece of pie. Quite some time later, when I never found them, they finally came looking for me and found me inside having a great time. They probably didn’t let me play with them again.

3. On the first day of first grade, my teacher put me on the wrong school bus to go home. I wondered why I didn’t recognize anyone, and why they were only dropping kids off in town, when I lived out in the country. The driver didn’t realize it until he had finished his route, and there I sat! By that time my brother and sister had gotten off the bus at home without me, and my mother was frantically trying to figure out where I was! Several calls were made and I arrived home safe and sound.

4. In college, some girls in my dorm gave me a fish as a present. We named him Zebedee. We weren’t supposed to have pets, but my fish was nice and quiet, and he lived in my room for a year, and no one knew he was there! (Shhh…don’t tell on me!)

5. I met Jeremy while we were both playing in the orchestra during college. I didn’t even bring my flute to college with me, but Mr. Yingling found out that I played, and “strongly encouraged” me to have my mom send it to me. The rest is history!

6. Jeremy and I took a trip to Brazil to visit his parents the summer before we got married, and he proposed while we were there, but it almost didn’t happen! When we arrived in Brazil, two of our suitcases didn’t arrive with us. One of them came a few days later, and thankfully that is the one that had the ring in it, because the other suitcase never came and was never located!

7. On our first anniversary we spent a few days at a cabin in Gatlinburg, TN. We went tubing for the first time, and I got sunburned so badly that I got physically ill, and couldn’t hardly move. I was out of work for a week, but I did not enjoy my week off!

3 comments:

  1. How interesting! I love learning little known facts about my friends!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh. I needed a good laugh. Hope you guys are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew about the Noel/Leon thing. I guess you'd have to Mr. King to understand!

    As long as I've known you I didn't know some of those things.

    Hope you all are having fun traveling. Tell Grandma and Grandpa and Janie I said hey tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete